Friday, March 19, 2010

The Biggest Compliment


The biggest compliment you can get is a special order from family. I'm not joking, when my Grandma (who happens to be very stylish and hip) called me last night asking me to make a custom piece for her long time friend Pat for her birthday, I felt so happy. Grandma saw some pictures of my designs over on our family blog and she knew I would make something special.

So after talking with Grandma we decided on a bracelet and earrings set. Now for the fun part... ahhh, what to make. I have so many wonderful memories of time spent with Grandma (and Pat) growing up. I would get 1 full week of Grandma/Dawn time every summer. As there were 20+ grandkids, this one-on-one time was SUPER special. One of the unique fun things we would do is go flying with Pat. Pat's been a small plane pilot for years and she'd always make a special day when the skies were blue to take Grandma & I up above the world in a little Cesna plane. We'd go somewhere just a few hours away, have a nice lunch and fly home!

I felt really special and I know it meant the world to both Grandma & Pat just seeing the smile on my face. So in memory of all our times flying, I kept thinking "Blue Sky." But the light blue just wasn't perfect... Pat wears bolder colors. So I chose a cobalt blue with the clear beads accenting like clouds accent the sky!

I know my Grandma will be so proud to give this set, and I know Pat will just love it too! Thank you Grandma for letting me help with Pat's present. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and such loyal family friends!

Have a wonderful weekend dear friends~
Dawn

4 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

I love this post Dawn...your
Grandma & Pat sound like very special women!!!

You must have thought you were a little princes...flying some place for lunch & back, that must have been so much fun! You are so lucky to have spent time with your grandma I know you will cherish those memories always!!!

I like that you tried to choose a color for Pat you knew would mean something to her...I love the cobalt blue and clear combo...the set is beautiful and I know Pat will LOVE it,
especially since you made it.

Be proud girl,you did good!!! :0)
Cheers

Dawn Doucette said...

Thanks Heather! I'm so excited at how the set turned out. I e-mailed my mom pictures and she knows Pat will like the set as well! YEAH!!!

I did feel pretty darn special! It was always my "show & tell" when I went back to school in the fall... what I did over the summer.

Thanks for stopping by! Now I'm going to print this up so my Grandma can see my blog too! :)

Hope your week is superb my dear!

Lisa Crone said...

What a great post! Sweet and very exciting! Congratulations on your new endeavors!

Dawn Doucette said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Lisa! I'm all heart and everything I make comes from my heart. :)

Pat loved her jewelry and I sent Grandma a pair of copper bird's nest earrings and she was over the moon! I just love making people happy!

Have a terrific week!
Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails