Monday, July 16, 2012

For Sapphire Lovers - Sparkly Dangle Earrings

Are you a September Baby - or are you just classy enough to love sapphires?


As I'm walking through stores this summer, I've been looking at color trends.  Two distinct trends keep popping up... there's a shade of mango that seems to be everywhere from throw pillows, to patio place settings to clothing and accessories!

The other color that is all over the places is that rich shade of cobalt or sapphire blue!  I know we've seen red, white & blue color palettes in place every summer as people love the marine theme.  But this year cobalt blue has taken center stage all on it's own.

When my sister picked cobalt blue and silver as her wedding colors for a June wedding I thought "What??? A jewel tone in the summer???"  Then as the wedding got closer, I started seeing cobalt blue everywhere.  It's a bright pop of bold among the tradition summery orange, turquoise and lime shades.

To bring in that touch of sapphire as an accessory I created these artisan beaded earrings, Don't Cry for September.  Each earring features a genuine paua shell in the center surrounded by sparkly crystals and tiny seed beads. There's something so magical about looking at the iridescent lining of a shell.  These Paua shells are no different.  They display vivid shades of blue transitioning to green and grey even.  Depending on the lighting you'll see that magical rainbow dancing in the middle of these earrings. Dangling off the bottom of the earring is a beautiful glass teardrop in a sapphire shade. 

These earrings aren't just for September babies (like myself) but for anybody that loves that elegant shade of cobalt blue.  The earwires are an antique silver creating a vintage inspired, chic design.

One-of-a-Kind Artisan Earrings Created by Lake Geneva, WI Jewelry Artisan

Don't Cry for September

These are truly one-of-a-kind for the woman that likes to be fashionable and still have flexibility in her accessories!  If you are interested, use the Buy it Now button above or e-mail me dawn@designsbydawnmarie.com and I would be happy to arrange delivery of these beautiful earrings to your home.

Each piece of custom jewelry I create is special and comes from my heart.  If you would like to have a piece of custom artisan jewelry designed just for you, contact me.  I'd be happy to collaborate on your vision and turn it into a piece of artisan jewelry you can pass down to your future heirs.

Have a fabulous day!
{Hugs!}
Dawn

7 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Those baubles are very regal. I think of sapphire as a princess jewel. The design is stunning and I love me some dangles! Enjoy the day. Erin

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful earring Dawn, I love the sparkle that comes from them. I don't think I have seen cobalt blue showcased so well.
Therese

Sarah Sequins said...

How awesome that cobalt blue is popular this summer! My favorite color of seed bead in the universe happens to be cobalt blue AB.

I love those earrings, Dawn! Beautiful job. <3

DVArtist said...

I am not a blue person at all. It is a battle to for me to work with in beads, paints, or textiles. But these are so pretty! The colors are Stunning.
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown said...

Those earrings are incredible, Dawn! I remember Tangerine being the proclaimed "color of the year" by Pantone, as well as a dark blue shade being popular for spring and summer. It's no wonder why it's everywhere now :)

Marissa Foss, Artbeads.com

Azure Accessories said...

Gorgeous earrings!!! I love cobalt blue...I'm a fan of blue period but cobalt blue in particular.

Cheers

Unknown said...

Your eye for detail and color is awesome! I truly think these are a treasure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails