Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Playing with Turquoise & Petrified Wood on a Custom Order

Most of the pieces I create are custom orders.  Whether people want to pick their colors or have a particular style they like making something one-of-a-kind just for them is really a process that brings me great joy. 

I have a client that is real estate agent in Lake Geneva WI.  She's also a very talented artist, so when she wanted to talk about me creating a custom piece of jewelry for her, I was really excited to hear what her desires were for a special piece. 

It's not often that my clients are local to me, so having a face-to-face meeting was wonderful.  We first discussed color palette and stones.  She looked over some of the pieces in my private collection and we talked about what she liked from various pieces that I could incorporate into the custom beaded necklace I was making for her.

Having a good idea of what she wanted for a finished look, she was even able to pick her specific stones for the focal part of the necklace.  Being an artist, her eye for color balance, texture and the veining running through different stones was exceptional.  She wanted to make sure it had both brown and black so it was a versatile piece she could wear with either selection in her wardrobe.

The necklace turned out beautiful.  One part that was a special touch was the beaded chain necklace.  I created my own version of netting using Preciosa twin beads and Miyuki 11/0 seed beads.  It created this lacy beaded tube which I then strung and filled with Swarovski glass pearls.  It's really hard to capture just how cool this technique looks in a photo. 

Needless to say, the finished piece turned out just beautiful.  My client was pleased with the piece and I'm sure will get lots of wear out of it. 
---
If you would like to have a piece of artisan jewelry custom designed for you, contact Dawn Marie on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/designsbydawnmarie 

Dawn Marie is a jewelry artist from Lake Geneva, WI.  She creates custom beaded jewelry in her home studio while being inspired by her two furry children and soul mate.  Each piece she designs is one-of-a-kind and created to be passed down as heirloom jewelry. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So gorgeous!

TesoriTrovati said...

I just finished a long time collaboration for a client. It made me so happy to deliver it to her and see her face light up! And I enjoyed telling her the story of how it came to be, as I had to teach myself something completely new! This is beautiful and will be an amazing calling card for more local business for you! Enjoy the day, Erin

Las Cositas de Lyra said...

Wonder of wonders ... I love it!!!

Juli Cannon said...

Oh Dawn, you are so so so awesome. I love the necklace. The colors, the flow, the finish...truly a stunner, my friend. Wickedly well done!

DVArtist said...

Dawn you have out done your self. This is beyond stunning.
What a lucky lady to have you so close.
Nicole/Beadwright

Sarah Sequins said...

Dawn, I think this is one of my favorite pieces you've made! It's absolutely gorgeous. <3

I wish I knew what else to day... but I'm just going to stare and drool for awhile. ;)

La Perla Benatta said...

Fantastisch! Wirklich schön. Ich bin Ihr Follower geworden.Schauen Sie mein Blog auch?
Ich bin Neu bei Bloger und deswegen ist mir jeden Kommentar wichtig. Danke.
Liebe Grüsse
Natalie
(La Perla Benatta)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love everything about this design, Dawn! The special netted braid is really cool. At first I thought it was kumihimo until I looked more closely at it. Wonderful job :)

Marissa Foss, Artbeads.com

LUCY said...

PRECIOSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...saludos...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails