Thursday, September 13, 2012

Creating a Custom Order and getting Christmas Requests

Yes, it's not yet Halloween, but can I tell you how much I love people that plan in advance to give really special gifts for the holidays?  Indeed I have started taking holiday custom orders.  I am honored to create something so special for their loved ones!  Now that's all I'm going to say about that because Shhhhhh, the rest is a secret!

And now for a piece of custom made jewelry I can share...


I was commissioned to design a piece to adorn a particular dress.  I skyped with my client so I could see the dress on her and get a feel for what style would work best with the dress.  Her dress was a vibrant shade of coral - bordering on deep orange depending on the lighting.  It has a deep v-neckline and shiny gold accents!  GOLD... are you seeing it everywhere this season?  I am seeing bright yellow gold making a come back in everything from belts to jewelry and purses.

I was excited to play in the yellow gold world for a first time in a long time!

This neckwire is PERFECT for the V-neckline of the dress... I was so excited to find it the wheels just started turning!  So I used Swarovski crystals in the Padparadascha shade (say that one 10 times fast) along with turquoise accents.  I just love that pairing together!

The finished product is elegant, sparkly and on trend with the gold theme that's en-vogue for this fall!  And even more special is that it is the PERFECT compliment for my wonderful client.  What other trends are you seeing?

{Hugs!}
Dawn

P.S. If you'd like a piece of custom made jewelry designed for yourself or to give as a gift, contact me via my website:  http://www.DesignsByDawnMarie.com or on my Designs by Dawn Marie Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/DesignsByDawnMarie.  I'm happy to work with you to make something really special that can be worn countless times and passed down as your legacy to your children or grandchildren!





1 comment:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I am so glad you have the orange bug now. LOL This is truly a beautiful piece.
I saw you on Eva's blog too. Very nice.
Nicole/Beadwright

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails