Thursday, February 11, 2010

Scrappy Bead Necklace


Ever look at a few scraps and not really SEE the scraps... but rather you SEE something beautiful? As the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yesterday I looked at my work table and saw a little purple wire, a little bit of black wire and a whole smattering of beads. The wire wasn't enough to do a detailed crochet piece, but I had an idea...


I didn't see just a few yards of wire and some beads, I saw a delicate triple strand necklace with beautiful sparkling glass beads.

When I was finished, the necklace reminded me of "Bubble Gum." All different sizes, all different colors woven delicately into purple & black wire. Viola!

2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Really pretty! I've always wanted to try my hand at wire knitting or wire crochet since I do both with yarn, but have yet to do it. Huh.

Lovely work!

Dawn Doucette said...

Thanks so much for visiting. You really should try it. It's no different than crocheting with yarn.

You're welcome to e-mail me any questions and I'm happy to share my wire crochet lessons.

Here's a book I bought that really helped me get started:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1931499772?tag=joinmyharvestamerica-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=1931499772&adid=0THF9ZVRVRS816VTDJZJ&

It's so much fun! I hope you get a chance to try it! Have a terrific weekend!
Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails