Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Day of Earrings!

Yes, for me that was yesterday.  We had to have a new boiler installed in our house yesterday, so with 3 HVAC guys going in and out all day, my two ahem.... adorable dogs decided to have a not stop bark-a-thon.

After the first 1/2 hour, I decided I needed to figure out a way to hush them up without sitting on them. :)  Enter my earring making mission.  If I sat one of my dogs on my couch and the other one laid at my feet, I could grab their collars as necessary and they were good as long as I was sitting right there with them. (Translation: I was not able to leave the room without them barking their freaking heads off.)

So I grabbed 3 random bead boxes, and my box of findings and away I went.  I made 10 pairs of earrings, an adorable bracelet, a beaded eyeglass chain in turquoise colors and started a new spiral rope seed bead chain.  (Which I can't wait to share with you because it's turning out AWESOME using black & silver.)

My earring marathon turned out to be a double bonus.  I now have more items for the open house I'm having next Tuesday.  It adds more items that are great last minute additions to any back-to-school gift pack for teachers or daughters. :o)

It 'twas much fun, and a great bonding experience with my dogs.

101 Wire Earrings: Step-by-Step Projects and Techniques

2 comments:

Davinia said...

Love the earrings Dawn. I'm guessing the boiler is for your hot water? We had to replace ours a few months ago, of course it had to die right at the beginning of winter and a costly little exercise that turned out to be.

Lisa Crone said...

Oh my gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one with two such adorable doggies! :) A day of jewelry making sounds heavenly though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails