Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seed Bead Bracelet - Trying a new stitch

In my post earlier this week I spoke about trying new things!  I really think as individuals it's so important to try new things in order to grow - both personally and creatively.  Often when I try something new it sparks a fresh level of creativity that opens my eyes and allows me to create beautiful things.

This is a spiral curvy snake chain I made using Bugle Beads, Size 5/0 and 10/0 seed beads.  The way it twists is much like a ringlet of hair and has a beautiful bounce to it.  It was much fun to create and different than the styles I've been working with.  It's funny though, working with the smaller beads was truly therapeutic.  I felt so relaxed as I sat at my table and beaded... and today I woke up refreshed and the ideas just flowed to me. 

What do you do to re-energize your creative juices?  I'd love to hear all about your muse!

{Hugs!}
Dawn

Beaded Jewelry The Complete Guide

2 comments:

slmpetersen said...

my muse...hmmm...I guess I have never really thought about that one much.

I think a trip to the craft store(s)to wander and just look always opens up my mind to new ideas, but so does a trip to the office supply store and we can't leave out the thrift stores!

Truly, I think my muse must be the escape...the ability to walk away from the studio and seek inspiration in the unknown.

On the other hand I love the challenge of a customer order. That really brings out the energy.

Sorry a little long winded....

Dawn Doucette said...

I love it Stacy! Thanks for sharing where your creativity comes from! Isn't it great inspiration is all over... like a friend that LOVES purple! :)

{Hugs!}
Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails