Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Accessorizing a Grand Wedding Celebration - Part 1

This summer, my sister is getting married!  We've been shopping for THE dress (and have secured it.)  In case her fiance is reading this, it's pink w/ green polka dots and tube top style! ;)  And that's all we're saying! tee hee ☺

We're all so very excited to help Amy celebrate her nuptials.  Being that I'm the artisan in the family, Amy has asked that I help accessorize her (and the rest of us) for her big day!  SO this is the first blog post in a series of projects I'm working on for Amy's wedding.  I'll be doing the bride's jewelry, her wedding veil (which I'm so excited about), my mom's jewelry and a few other surprise pieces thrown in there too!

I'm so excited to share these bead embroidered earrings with you.  I made these for my mom who's wearing a gorgeous pink chiffon dress.  It has some beadwork on the asymmetrical handkerchief hem.  She has a necklace I made for her already, but these earrings are the perfect finishing touch to her outfit.

My mom used to have pierced ears, but after years of not wearing earrings (two wonderful grandbabies that would see earrings as fun toys) her earring holes have closed up.  So I wanted to make her a pair of clip earrings that didn't look like traditional clip on earrings. 

Because the necklace has multiple shades of pink, I wanted to mirror that in the earrings.  This makes them more versatile that she can wear with multiple pink outfits. And who wouldn't want to wear these... like all the time!  :o)  If you've been reading my blog, you know I'm all about big bling!  I LOVE CRYSTAL (and soon, I'm sure I'll have to find a support group for that).

I used a Swarovski flat-backed crystal as the focal then bead embroidered around it.  The fringe off the bottom also features Swarovski crystals and a Swarovski tear drop.  They look stunning in person and my mom is thrilled with them not looking like "old lady" earrings.  PLUS they are super lightweight, so her ears won't get a headache from carrying around anything too heavy!

Stay tuned for more in my series of Accessorizing a Grand Wedding Celebration!
{Hugs!}
Dawn

3 comments:

H.T. said...

hello,Dawn Marie:-)
It has always been a happy event-the vedding ceremony.As for You-all those preparations-I can only imagine,how they make You excited.I have only read Your blog-post and thought about everything so warmly:-)
The earrings are so nice in those pink shades-I have lots of pink crystals and beads and use them 'slowly',dosing in a moderate way.But-one thing we have in common: I also love crystals and do not care,if somebody likes them,or not.Women deserve to get sparkling a bit:-)
Warm Hugs-Halinka-waiting patiently to the further events'development:-)

TesoriTrovati said...

Awesome! I think that this will be so lovely. I don't do weddings often, but I am thinking of trying to see if I can get some bridal parties to use my simple truths. I also think they would be great wrapped around a bouquet. And I love that you are making the veil. Made my own nearly 20 years ago and I still love it!
Looking forward to more reveals and congrats to Miss Amy!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

DVArtist said...

Good thing you are all settled in your new place. Wedding jewelry how fun. The earrings look wonderful. We need a photo of your mom when she is wearing them.
Nicole/Beadwright

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails