Monday, March 26, 2012

Grand Bead Embroidery Plan Takes a Detour

What do they say about the best plans... sometimes they take a little detour, right?  Well, I'm officially on the Detour Turnpike and loving it!  

With summer coming I decided to make some smaller, bead embroidered pieces for my Etsy shop that are easy to wear with your daily wardrobe.  I love a statement piece as much as anybody else.  But I wanted to bring in an element of casual style while still maintaining the unique artistry of bead embroidery.

So I created these earrings, call them Purple Reign and intended fully to list them in my store for sale.


Then as I as beading, they started to hypnotize me... and sing to me... and then they batted their sweet little leverbacks as I was taking their picture and you know what?

This prototype pair has now found it's permanent place in my jewelry box.  For me.by me.forever mine!  Yep, I loved them so much I had to keep them... dang their sweet charm!

BUT I love them so much it's the first time that I'll gladly repeat a design.  Why?  Because I think every earlobe on the planet needs a pair of these!  So I did list them in my Etsy store as made to order. 

So if you're looking for some really lightweight fun earrings for the summer, or a gift for someone special, check out my made-to-order listing for Purple Reign!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/96147896/purple-reign-bead-embroidered-earrings

Am I the only one that's designed to sell, then decided to keep the piece?  What's your me.me.me story???  

Hope your week is absolutely fabulous! 
{Hugs!}
Dawn

4 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Dawn,
Those are pretty and I can see why you would want to keep them.
Therese

Sarah Sequins said...

Dawn, those earrings are adorable! What a great idea to make them to order so you can sell some AND have some for yourself.

I admit that I'm very guilty of keeping pieces for myself. I get so emotionally attached! I'll have to try your method. :)

H.T. said...

Hi,Dawn:
The earrings are so beautiful and special with those fine drops at the ends.No strange-You wanted to keep a pair for Yourself.
Your story reminds me one of mine,when I made an Autumn pendant with the rowan berry batch,made from the copper'Preciosa' and the goldsand gemstone.I had even inserted the photos+description+price in my webshop and looking at the photos I suddenly discovered its real beauty,so I withdrew it from the shop as fast,as I could,before someone decided to buy it.It's so special and unique.Wherever I go with it on my neck,people watch it and curiously ask,'where I have bought it':-))
I wish You a Happy Beading Week -
Hugs-Halinka-

DVArtist said...

These are so pretty. Up until very recently I have never in 47 years kept a piece for myself. Hey I have been paying the bills. I sell the pieces off my neck or wrist or ears. But in the last few years I have kept a few just for me.
Nicole/Beadwright

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails