Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wire, Crochet Hook, Beads and Anticipation


Yesterday started out as a ball of nerves, and ended in happy tears.  Yes, I'm slightly emotional (okay, confession... more than slightly where my loves are concerned).  And having Cody in for surgery I was on pins and needles waiting for THE CALL ... the one to say he's doing well, everything went excellent and here's when you can come be reunited.

So after a LOT of coffee, I had tons of energy, and decided to put my nerves and my need to be busy to work.  I busted out some pretty magenta wire, a crochet hook and some great silver lined clear seed beads.  As the sun was shining in I started creating a necklace, one strand at a time. 

The call finally came, the surgery went 100% as planned and by 8:00 last night, my son was actually telling me he was hungry!  That's music to my ears!  So after a day of nerves, the end result is me doing the happy dance with a beautiful necklace that looks like a purple chain with sparkling diamonds on it.

4 comments:

Artisan Beads Plus said...

That is so cool! I love the mix of wire and beads....Awesome job! Happy to hear everything is okay :O)

Dawn Doucette said...

Thanks Mary Ann! I've become addicted to wire crochet... I think there might be a support group for me... LOL.

I appreciate you stopping by! Hope you have a sunny wonderful day!

Dawn

Azure Accessories said...

Wow...you've been busy, I've missed a great deal...I like the color combo...I've always liked pink & browns!

I've had other commitments this week so I've missed my friends!!!

Congratulations on having your beaded eye glass chains in a salon...that is a perfect location!!! I hope you sell hundreds... :0)

Your Cody is a sweetheart, those eyes are beautiful...I'm so happy to hear everything went well with his surgery...I know pets become family members...my daughter treats her Jade like the daughter she doesn't have!!! Our "kitty" thinks she owns the place...

Love the necklace Dawn...so pretty & sparkly...the photo is great by the way!!!

I like the link you made...how did you do that, can you send me an email??? I would like to make one...I'll grab yours!

I'll be away Friday & Saturday as well...going to a show & shopping with my daughter...I don't think I mentioned but her name is Dawn!!! :0)

I'm long winded today...so much to catch up with!
Cheers

Dawn Doucette said...

Hey Heather, thank you, thank you, thank you on all fronts! I think you picked a great name for your daughter if I do say so myself! ;) Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Can't wait to hear/read about your adventures lately when you get a chance to post! I always look forward to new posts on your blog!

Have a terrific weekend!
Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails