Thursday, October 21, 2010

Boo-tiful beads!

Like my new jewelry model?  She's around for a very limited time as she'll disappear into thin air in just over a week... BUT for the time being, I thought she did an excellent job displaying this necklace I just finished.

I used a few orphan beads that didn't have "perfect" matches (from my good friend Juls, of course).  Added a few round crystals and put together a sweet beaded chain and "Ta Daaaaa!"  Meet Caribbean Kiss!  Doesn't it make you want to book your vacation right.this.very.minute! :)  It does me, and that would include a tropical beach where drinks are served with umbrellas right about the time it's all white across the state of WI!

More bead-a-licious photos to come soon!  Caribbean Kiss is a 19" necklace with a toggle style clasp.  She is available for sale though I haven't listed her yet in my Artfire Store.  If you're interested, send me an e-mail at designsbydawnmd@gmail.com.

Have a Booooo-tiful day! :)
{Hugs!}

3 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

Love the necklace Dawn...so my color...the simplicity of style will make this piece a wear with anything necklace, it will dress up or down wonderfully...great job on the beaded chain...I tried making a necklace like that 4 years ago and it is still unfinished, might have enough length for a bracelet??? Not ever sure where it is...I don't have the patience for such intricate work, but obviously you do!

Your little model is so cute...perfect for this time of the year!!!

Enjoy your weekend...
Cheers

Dawn Doucette said...

Funny story Heather, As I was fumbling through the beads putting the "perfect" combination together (you know how long that can take) you popped into my mind. Wondering how your home projects are coming along and if your summer markets are over now... you inspired this necklace my dear!

Thanks so much for the kind remarks. But even more importantly, thank you for your friendship. You've been so supportive of my blogging and jewelry design for so long. Thank you so very much!

{Hugs!}
Dawn

Stephanie said...

What an adorable little model!!! Too cute!

Your necklace is stunning, the work that must go into it. Stunning.
-Stephanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails