Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nothing but Beading Here!

I'm sitting with my foot up and a whole lotta nuttin' but beading going on.  Since I attempted to use my superpowers to walk through a wall on Monday (and trust me, I must not have renewed my contract with SuperPowers R US because they cut me off) and one of my small toes on the right foot has turn oh so many unique colors in the last 48+ hours. 

BUT... if there is a bright side it's that I must sit with the foot elevated which leaves nothing but time for me to bead and create new jewelry!  So that's what I've been up to.  Well, that and lining up a few select friends that also have home businesses to participate in my "Welcome the Holiday" open house I'm having at my place on November 13th.

In lining up my friends I wanted a variety of products so nobody is in direct competition with each other AND of course since we'd be spending a whole day together I wanted fun, loving people.  So we've got my friend Angela, Mary Kay Beauty Consultant coming and a Tastefully Simple Distributor (because every party needs food, right?)  And I'll be working on the invite that will mail out next week. 

I'm having my holiday open house on a Saturday so even those people that work during the week, or are traveling a distance can stop by, do a little holiday shopping and enjoy lots of laughter with other early Christmas Shoppers!

And that means that this darn foot better heal fast because I've got a whole lotta Christmas decorating to do before the 13th!  I've got a tree to put up, stockings to hang and Christmas CDs to dust off!  I know you can't rush healing... but I'm still trying to prod it along a bit. 

Hope your day is full of unicorns & rainbows!
{Hugs!}

~Dawn

One Big Beautiful Bead: Simple Jewelry with Focal Beads (A Lark Jewelry Book)P.S. I just purchased this book to spur on some creative ideas that I can use some of my Juls Beads with.  Each of her beads are so beautiful, I thought this would be the perfect way to show them off in style as they should be modeled!  I'm really pleased with the projects and tutorials!  If you're looking to shake up your beading, I'd encourage you to get yourself a JulsBead, check out this book and let your inner wild child design!

4 comments:

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Feel better. Keep that foot elevated and covered in beads. Dr's orders lol

Juli Cannon said...

Those earrings are awesome sauce~ I'm sorry about your toesy but if it frees you up to make beautiful jewelry then it ain't all bad. :D

Thanks for sharing some bead love, SP!

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

Oh wow!
I hope you feel better soon!
Your poor toes!!!

The earrings look sooo nice! XD

Dawn Doucette said...

Thank you Darlings so Very, VERY much. Foot is up, beading is going wonderful and even better is that my furbabies are completely snuggly even though I haven't been able to take them for a walk all week. They're so perceptive! :)

Thanks for the earring love! I just love how these turned out too! Who can turn down tanzanite? Not Me!!! :)

Have a fantastic day!
{Hugs!}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails