Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Creating Heirloom Jewelry for a Special Lady at Just the Right Time

One of the warmest, fuzziest feelings for me is when I can make somebody's day.  Whether it's surprising them with a handwritten card out of the blue, buying them a coffee or designing a piece of jewelry that perfectly matches their personality.

Key to Her Heart - Bead Embroidered Art Jewelry
For the second present from my birthday giveaway the lucky winner was Gen Voss, The Diversified Crafter.  After Bella chose Gen as the winner, I set out to get to know Gen's personality and discussed with her what colors and styles she likes. 

What I learned about Gen is that she's all heart.  This woman maintains a positive attitude, is constantly supportive of her online and offline family AND she's a wonderful mother, grandmother and GREATgrandmother.  Now that's some big shoes to fill Gen!

I wanted to make a special piece for Gen that she would be able to pass down to her daughter or granddaughter someday.  What I designed is a work of bead embroidery art!  I call it "Key to Her Heart."  When I e-mailed Gen the photos, she e-mailed back in tears because this came at just the perfect moment for her.  Gen needed a pick me up on a particularly difficult day and I'm so glad this necklace was the perfect solution.

Bead Embroidery as a style of design just resonates with me.  I just love how each bead has it's own voice and how they all play together to create texture, color and send a message.  The voice behind Gen's necklace said it was a vintage romantic at heart and indeed it was.

Hope your day is filled with beautiful things!
{Hugs!}
Dawn

Dawn Doucette is a jewelry artist based out of her studio in Wisconsin.  You can learn more about Dawn on her website: http://www.DesignsbyDawnMarie.com.  As an artist, Dawn specializes in creating custom beaded jewelry that perfectly mirrors the recipients personality.  Currently she's added a Christmas Gift section to her online store of finished jewelry designs.  She is happy to gift wrap your purchase so it's ready to put under your tree!

4 comments:

Winslowwoman said...

Oh my precious friend Dawn, I an so going to treasure and cherish this necklace, it is a masterpiece and I love it so much and I thank you for your kind words. Bless you sweet lady!
Hugs,
Gen

DVArtist said...

Lucky girl. This is just beautiful.
Thanks for leaving a comment for my book giveaway. Maggie Mester is the best.
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown said...

Oh Oh oh I sent you an email and now I am drooling all over this and I know that Gen will treasure this forever!

Valorie said...

What a sweet and touching post! The necklace is absolutely gorgeous! You're a very sweet friend.

Val~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails