Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall did not tiptoe in NOPE - She came flying in hootin and hollerin

Honest to goodness, you know the minute fall arrived on our doorstep!  She blew in like a bat outta hell and it's downright chilly!  There was actually a layer of ice on the puddles in the driveway this morning.

Now you're probably scratching your head crying "Say it ain't so Dawn."  And I'd love to oblige.  But darn it it's freezing!  However the one bright star through my tears of summer is that fall beckons Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING!!!!  Holla!!!!
Image From www.cariboucoffee.com

Yes, the day Caribou, Panera, Starbucks and bakeries around the area bring in pumpkin spice, I'm totally doing the happy dance.  Can you see me?


So here's my little tip of the day for you, to bring pumpkin spice into your home (for less than the $5 per cup you pay at the big coffee chains) when you put your coffee in the filter in the morning, use a dash of pumpkin spice with it.  (Or substitute cinnamon, nutmeg and a tiny dash of clove)  You'll have a gourmet treat and save your $$ for some custom beaded jewelry (especially the Designs by Dawn Marie sort)!  This tip was shared with me by my good friend and fellow foodie Stacy at SLMPetersen - where life is all about great food, great crafting and love!

Hope your weekend is fantastic!
{Hugs!}
Dawn

4 comments:

SLMPetersen said...

Thanks for the shout out. Love ya girl!

TesoriTrovati said...

Now THAT is a great tip! Thanks, Dawn! You always know how to make my day!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Pretty Things said...

I'm a fan of pumpkin PIE but no one in this house likes it. I'm so bummed.

DVArtist said...

Yes fall is here too. ohhhh I forgot we don't get a real summer her so they way we know it is fall by the temp. It is freezing here as well. Think I will go back on vacation. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails